Please join the Forge Safety Team in making safety your New Year’s Resolution! Let us start with preventing accidents from happening. Do you know what a “Near Miss” is? Reporting a near miss to the Safety Team can help prevent you and others from injury.
– defined as an unplanned event that has the potential to cause, but does not result in human injury, environmental damage, or an interruption to normal operation.
NEAR MISSES are potential safety concerns and should be reported to your supervisor IMMEDIATELY so corrective action can be taken.
Failure to report NEAR MISSES could result in potential injury to yourself or others.
Happy New Year and welcome to 2021!
2020 was a rough year for most individuals and everything we knew as “normal” was changed. This is a friendly reminder that at midnight January 1, 2021 everything will stay the same. We want to continue self-care and good hygiene for ourselves and for those around us to remain safe. So please, as we go into 2021 continue to:
– Wash or sanitize your hands often (before eating or preparing food, before touching your face, after using the restroom, after leaving a public place, after blowing your nose, after handling your mask, after changing a diaper, after caring for someone who is sick, after touching animals or pets)
– Avoid close contact (in your home, avoid close contact with those who are sick. Out of your home, put 6 feet of distance between yourself and people who do not live in your household).
– Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others
– Cover coughs and sneezes (be sure to throw used tissues in the trash. Wash hands immediately)
– Clean and disinfect surfaces daily
– Monitor your health daily (if you are not feeling well contact your doctor immediately and stay home until directed otherwise by your doctor)
The Forge Safety Team is here to help you! We always want to keep you and other employees of Forge safe while on the job. This means we often need your help in communicating anything you feel is unsafe.
You can email, call, or fill out the contact us form on our website (see below).
Stay safe and never hesitate to reach out with any questions you have!
– The Forge Safety Team