During the month of May, we want to focus on posture in the workplace. Many people stand for a minimum of 8 hours during their shift.
Here are 6 tips to better your posture and overall health at work.
- Change positions throughout the day. If you are given breaks during the day use those scheduled times to get off of your feet.
- Wear comfortable, supportive shoes. Whether you are required to wear work boots, steel-toed shoes or tennis shoes make sure they are the correct size in length, width and have supportive arches. Make sure they lace up tightly to support the entire foot. Worn-down soles and tears in the shoe are not only a safety hazard but can lead to body aches.
- Core workouts. Strengthening your core supports your spine and posture naturally. Strengthening your core helps maintain balance and will also improve your range of motion and overall strength. A strong core relieves pressure on your muscles and joints, making you less fatigued at the end of the day.
- Compression socks. Compression socks are meant for those who are on their feet all day long. They help improve your circulation and reduce swelling in the feet and can minimize foot pain.
- Stretch before and after work. Simple stretches can prevent muscle strains. This short video assists in stretches to prevent strains in the workplace. youtube.com/watch?v=Qm-nGLYBelY
- Eat healthier and stay hydrated. Eating healthier, in general, improves energy levels, reduces fatigue, and prevents muscle cramping. Staying hydrated throughout the day is crucial for your body as a whole but will also prevent muscles from seizing/spasming.
Do you have a safety tip you would like to share with our team? Feel free, at any time, to reply with a tip! We would love to hear from you! In fact, we will reward you with a free gift for helping out!
The Forge Safety Team is here to help you! We always want to keep you and other employees of Forge safe while on the job. This means we often need your help in communicating anything you feel is unsafe.
You can email, call, or fill out the contact us form on our website (see below).
Stay safe and never hesitate to reach out with any questions you have!
– The Forge Safety Team