First and foremost, you will be asked this question: do you have experience? An employer can only be convinced if you volunteered or worked for a similar company. Apart from experience, here are traits/qualities that employers are looking for in candidates:
- Flexibility: Can you adapt easily and quickly? How well do you react to changes? If you are flexible, you will still perform well at work even if you are moved to departments that you are not familiar.
- Self-control and maturity: Will you join a crowd even if it’s doing a wrong thing?.
- Inner strength: Having an inner strength means you have the ability to persevere even when the going gets tough. Always stay calm.
- Courage and confidence: Feel free to speak your mind, even during the interview. Additionally, do not be afraid to take risks. Employers like people who are willing to accept challenges.
- Competence: Can you get the job done?
- Likability: Employers like team players — people who are cooperative, easygoing, and friendly. If you are willing to work as part of a team, then you are capable of bringing about success in a company.
- Leadership ability: You should be able to take charge and ensure the company’s goals are met. A good leader does not make excuses. Instead, he or she finds out what needs to be done and makes sure it is done to a tee.
- Intelligence: You should be able to solve problems as well as set priorities.