Our client in Indianapolis, is currently seeking to fill a Quality Assurance Technician position.
Pay Rate : $11/hr
Shift Available : 1st shift, 6 am to completion
Responsibilities include, but are not limited too :
- Assist in the corporate store brand random sampling program; coordinate and document private labels audits and assist, as needed, in product risk assessment reports. Work with manufacturers to resolve audit concerns.
- Responsible to audit and maintain the quality assurance (QA) database to ensure suppliers enter required information, and meet deadlines for artwork reviews, audit updates, and all other required certifications. Follow up with suppliers to resolve missing information.
- Assist in the publication of company-wide recalls and reporting; monitor postings by the federal agencies to determine company impact as requested.
- Assist in the product quality cuttings with national brand and store brand samples using tools and sensory analysis (i.e. taste, smell, look, etc.) for new items and reformulations. Coordinate product organization, blind test setup and documentation.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with suppliers to assist in supplier requests (i.e. product samples, artwork, etc..) and in obtaining QA required information.
- Work to increase knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulation and Safe Quality Food (SQF) principles.
- Assist in preparation for the spring and Food Expo events while working with cross-department teams and external supplies. Procure product samples, decorations, signage, equipment, etc. as determined by manager.
- Associate’s Degree – Food Science (Nutrition or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.)
- One year food safety, compliance or related experience preferred.
- Certified in Food Safety, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) or Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) preferred.
- Must be able to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time and occasionally lifting up to 20 pounds.
- On occasion, audits are conducted which may necessitate on-site visits to farms, warehouses and processing facilities.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- Proficiency in in Microsoft office suite.
Forge Industrial Staffing has been a leader in the staffing industry since 1994 and still growing! We take pride in our community involvement by not only helping individuals find short and long term employment, but also working with organizations in our community that do everything from helping to feed the hungry, to making sure that families find presents under their trees at Christmas time.
What Forge has to offer you : Paid holidays, vacation pay, health insurance, referral bonus program, employee of the month, employee appreciation days and a weekly pay by check, direct deposit or paycard!
Forge Industrial Staffing – Indianapolis
Indianapolis, IN 46214
Forge Industrial Staffing has bilingual (English and Spanish) job applications, all necessary paperwork and Spanish-speaking Service Coordinators available at every location.
Forge Industrial Staffing is an equal opportunity employment agency providing job opportunities throughout Indiana and Michigan.
To apply for this job please visit forgestaff.com.