Forge Industrial Staffing is looking for a Payroll Administrator at our GRWest-Alpine location to join our growing team. Successful candidates will have great communication and customer service skills, a great attitude and be internally driven to grow and succeed. Forge has a track record of promoting from within through our Leadership Development Program. The ideal candidate will have data entry, payroll processing, and recruiting experience and enjoys working in customer service in both team and individual settings.
Manages a variety of payroll and general office activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following :
– Interviewing, hiring and recruiting industrial personnel
– Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
– Answers incoming phone calls, take and route messages as appropriate.
– Performs payroll processing
– Reviews records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
– Able to function in a fast paced team environment.
– Maintains confidentiality of all documents and information.
– Other duties may be assigned.
– Internal and external customer service skills.
– Internal and external communication and phone skills.
– Ability to type at least 40 wpm
-Familiar with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
– Proficiency with 10-key number pad and other office equipment.
– Positive and professional in demeanor and appearance.
– Available for overtime.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Math Ability :
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills :
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and a general knowledge of payroll systems.
Physical Requirements :
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This is a full time career opportunity and is starting at $15 per hour with a competitive benefits package; health, dental, vision, PTO/vacation
Only qualified resumes will be reviewed.
Forge Industrial Staffing – GRWest – Alpine
929 Alpine Commerce Park NW, Suite 800
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
Forge Industrial Staffing is an equal opportunity employment agency providing job opportunities throughout Indiana and Michigan.
To apply for this job please visit forgestaff.com.