Fraser, MI – Forge Industrial Staffing in Warren has a client who is looking for a Shipper/Receiver on 2nd Shift. You MUST BE FLEXIBLE as the shift may change from time to time based on business levels. The position is full time and will be temp to hire after 90 days. The rate of pay will depend of experience but will start at $12/hour up to $14.90/hour.
Ideal candidates will have the following experience:
- Demonstrated experience with safe operation of a hi-lo in a busy manufacturing environment
- Must be reliable self-starter, with a strong customer focus, demonstrated track record of providing superior customer service on a daily basis, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to multi-task effectively and work safely under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to: work accurately, count, add and subtract, read and interpret labels, correctly identify and label items, work independently with good judgment, plan and organize
- Demonstrated knowledge: of customer releases, ASN’s, accurately auditing quantities
- Strong teamwork skills and willingness to help others. Must have experience demonstrating : attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up, basic math, reading and interpreting labels
- Good computer skills with proficiency in PC-based software for EDI related to shipping. Good telephone, voice-mail and paging etiquette skills. Must be able to discern colors of materials.
- 2-3 years related experience in a dynamic JIT manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of various customer-based shipping/receiving software systems, i.e. SMART, DRIVE, and COVISNT used by our customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of EDI fundamentals and overall process; specific knowledge of sending and / or receiving data
- Prior successful experience in a comparable shipper/receiver capacity in a manufacturing environment for Tier 1 & 2 suppliers
- Knowledge of the various materials and components used in the thermoplastics injection molding industry
Job responsibilities include:
Incumbent accountable for daily trucking and shipping activities including sending ASN’s, and based on releases: pulling, staging and auditing outbound loads, loading and unloading trucks, receiving inbound shipments and warehouse organization.
If you or someone you know is interested in working with one of the best Industrial Staffing Agencies in Michigan, please go into our Warren location at 27070 Hoover Road Warren, call 586.382.9240 or apply online at forgestaff.com.Apply Online